Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!

I am absolutely awe-struck that Christmas is next week. This past weekend put a wrench in my Christmas festivities as we couldn't go and cut down our tree, so we decided to just use the fake tree we typically have outside.

I am a very sensory person. I need to smell Christmas, and part of that is the Christmas tree. I was really bummed about it for a while, especially since the tree is very cheap and leans to one side. Think of it as a big Charlie Brown Christmas tree, LOL.

Well, MiniMe LOVES it, and his joy about it has put the spirit of Christmas back in to me. After all, Christmas isn't a tree.

I really miss the pine smell though...

So the tree is up early this year because of the change in plans. That is kind of nice because usually we put up our tree on the 21st.

Also, it SNOWED last night. And I mean SNOWED. In less than an hour we had 3 cm on the ground. The weather today was beautiful so MiniMe and I stayed out all morning and shoveled and made snow castles. It was so much fun but I am utterly exhausted now. Whew! The fresh air kicked my butt :)

We are expected to get more snow over the next week. I'm so happy and excited that it is going to be a white Christmas.

Hmmm, MiniMe is still sleeping. He's working on hour three now. I guess the fresh air kicked his butt too, LOL. Best go get a head start on dinner because I'm sure he'll want to go back out in the snow again!

Cheers!
Marina

No comments: