Sunday, November 30, 2008

Snow Storm Approaching!!!!!

I love love LOVE snow storms! And there is a good one on the way right now :) Husband feels otherwise but he is letting me enjoy it for the time being. Then when we get ready to go to bed tonight, I start worrying because he has to drive in it tomorrow morning to get to work. All those crazy drivers out there make me very nervous.

But the snow storm is coming! I already have all of MiniMe's snow gear out so we can go for a walk in it after dinner. I'm happy to report that he loves the bad weather as much as I do.

It has been a nice day today. Husband and I did some cleaning while MiniMe puttered around the house with his tool box, hand broom, swiffer and a damp cloth cleaning things he felt needed cleaning and fixing things he felt needed fixing.

I love days like today. Those days when you reflect back on them and you thing "Wow, that was a perfect day. Everyone got along and functioned so well in the same space." I hope it ends as nicely.

We have a fun filled evening planned tonight. It is the first Sunday of Advent, and this is the first year that MiniMe will semi understand the process. We will light a candle on the wreath, turn on some randomly placed Christmas lights for him (which isn't a part of the ritual but he loves the lights) and watch a Christmas movie/cartoon eating roasted chestnuts (although this week, I couldn't find any so we are going to have peanut butter on toast, lol) . It is something that my family did for as far back as I can remember, and it is a tradition that I can't wait to continue with MiniMe.

It seems as if everyone is very busy around this time of year and too caught up in the go go go. I feel that everyone forgets that the season should be about spending time with family and friends, making memories and forming traditions to be carried on with the next generation. Children very rarely remember the toys they get for Christmas, but most can recall a memorable moment with the family. I think it is those moments that count the most, and I hope to create a whole book full for MiniMe and our family.

Off to go dig out the candles!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Karen Coutu said...

I love lots of snow too (only the fluffy kind though), especially at the beginning of the winter. My February or March, I am over it. I think if it's optional for you to go out, you like it better than the people who have to shovel it or have to commute in it.

So glad you picked up blogging again!