Saturday, November 29, 2008

Jumping Off the Soapbox

Today, I'm jumping off the soap box and relishing in the fact that I was able to clean the whole house before 10:30am!!!!! It may seem like a small accomplishment to some, but lord, it feels like the Maple Leafs won the dang Stanley Cup for me :) My husband is out at his parents with Mini Me and I didn't have my usual helper as I trudged through the house. I forgot how efficient I could be without a toddler linked to my leg :)

It is amazing how much of your life changes when you don't even realize it. I got dressed to take the dog for a walk in less then 5 minutes. I was fully dress and out the door in under 5 minutes!! It felt liberating and oddly wrong, lol. It has become second nature getting ready to leave the house ten to fifteen minutes before I actually have to leave the house. Chasing MiniMe around the hallway as he investigates every nook and cranny for the ten thousandth time in his short little life has become a sort of daily Olympics. With mulitple reruns of me sittng him on the step and getting one boot on before he is off the step again grabbing his runners and attempting to put them on top of the boot or grabbing the clump of dog fur that just fell out of our Sheppard and needing to put it in the garbage can, and the realizing that the green bin is not locked properly and uh oh Mama, Sheppard has no water etc etc.

I know that some of you may think that I'm letting him run rampant and I should enforce that this is a time to put on your boots and that is it. But really, we are very rarely on a schedule that needs us to be out the door at a certain time, and I love to watch how his little Toddler ADD mind works, because he links things together so brilliantly (in my opinion) and I really enjoy watching it. When we are on a tight schedule, he will sit and put his boots on like a good little soldier, but for most days, we are good just puttering around the house, investigating every corner for something new to discover.

For now though, I'm going to live in the 2 hours of bliss I have left and look at my newly clean and crisp house from the couch, watching reruns of John and Kate plus 8, drinking my cup of tea and waiting for MiniMe and Husband to come home to me again.

Cheers!

No comments: